Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Upchuckdate

The front fender should arrive today per tracking info and the rear wheel spacer set should be here on Thursday per tracking info. So if by some spontaneous disaster of competence the axle shows up I may actually get something done this week.
Also, I have finally set my mind to the whole paint thing. I think, no I am sure, we are just going naked until next winter. Let's face facts, I built this, there will be problems.So before some error in assembly or high speed wobble or just a plain old wheel falling off and grinding up a good paint job happens we are just going to run bare metal this summer to shake all the bugs out. Besides I am so ready to ride you would not and could not believe it. We are at a need it level. So on that note at the very least Wednesday and Thursday will be spent tightening everything to specs. Pulling the front end back off and greasing the bearings and all that since it won't be coming apart until December. And who knows by then I may be ready to sell it and can offer a potential buyer their paint choice.
Another reason for this decision is the housing prices are looking to good to be wasting to much more time. I don't think anything will change, as a matter of fact, I think prices will continue to drop. But, with my sketchy credit history I am going to need a healthy down payment to get a mortgage. And I want to get started on that.
That's all for now, I am beat, just finished my 4th 12 hr shift 8 more tonight then at least one day off but I am on standby again Thursday so who knows. Night Night.

No comments: