Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Sunday, March 22, 2009

OH JENKIES GANG!

I just spent the last few minutes of my evening before work mocking up my rear fender for its final position and discovered my beautiful $100 fender supports are about 2inches to tall! Now cutting them down could be a viable option as my axle blocks have a unusual notch cut out of them and if I cut them down the radius might be just right to fill the notch. But I would then have to weld them in which means they would get painted to match the frame or the bike but chrome would not be possible. Or I could just cut them down and bolt them on the way I originally planned but I can't imagine the cost for a private citizen to get them re chromed.
This is the first serious oops of the project to the tune of a 100 smackers. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments: