Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mission Control Update

The chain is on, and after a few hours of messing with the clutch I actually found neutral. That was a first. She is also full of oil now so the only fluid she’s missing is gasoline. I had a few links of the chain kinked up under the tranny  sprocket cover; so after cutting the chain and all that grief I rolled it forward got a loud awful clunk and grind then I had several inches of extra chain. So I had to recut it again and start over.

There is still a little drag and clank somewhere. And the rear wheel feels like it’s dragging but that, I hope, is because everything is new. And it will loosen up in the first few miles tomorrow. So first thing in the a.m. I am going to get some gas and starting fluid and see what we get when Tommy gets here.

No comments: