Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Broken But Not Entered

Sorry for the lack of posts this week, but late Monday night while I was at work, someone attempted to break into the house. My better half was there by herself, thank God for the two dogs. This was no casual attempt to make entry as you can tell by the picture of my door jamb.

The deadbolt broke down like a school girl on prom night. However the knob lock was installed by yours truly w/3.5 inch deck screws that went through the frame and a shim and into the wooden door jamb that is bolted to the block wall. It did mover 1/2 inch but didn't give.

Apparently after not being man enough to get into the door the perp took a landscape block and through it into my roommate's vehicle doing significant damage as seen below.


So my last few days have been filled w/rebuilding a door jamb stronger and better than before, and going to the range w/my baby to get her used to shooting the pistol for the nights I am not there.

More later today including the frame update and t shirt news.

No comments: