Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Next Order

While I sit here impatiently awaiting my parts the only thing to do is contemplate the next order. For the next order I believe it will be the rear pulley, axle and rotor that way I can get the back wheel spaced out correctly and that will be the second to last big hurdle. The last big hurdle is the wiring.

Just for something to do I bolted down the engine and tranny today loosely in preparation for assembling the belt drive. I also put a shot or two of wd40 into the cylinders so they don't lock up while sitting. It gets pretty damp inside this place. I am also beginning to hatch a plan for the rear fender support so the paycheck after next should finish up the back end with fender supports and rear tire. Actually I may have to switch the order of the next two orders. I kind of need the rear tire to determine how far I need to space out the pulley so the belt doesn't rub it. The wheel is 10.5 inches wide but the tire varies by brand from 11.8 to 12 inches wide so that 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch on each side of the wheel.

I hope to be about here by the end of the month. Maybe even have the rear fender on...

Donate! Donate! Donate! Donate! Donate! Did I mention to donate? No? Donate!

No comments: