Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I really don't know what else to say...

Someone wrote, and no I don't remember who, that it takes a courageous person to throw down a treasure even in a time of great need. Most people, even under pain of death, will hang onto that treasure. Whether it be gold or an ideology or the familiarity of your life. The fear of existing without that treasure will often times scare the person into hanging onto that treasure even if it leads to their own ruination.
I had to throw down a treasure today; it was doubly hard because it was a treasure I had lost once before. When I re found it I thought the darkness that it had on it was gone, but unfortunately it wasn't. I tried to keep it anyway but after a while it seems to get heavier to bear and harder to hold onto. After several years of struggling with this darkness and making a great many mistakes the time has come again where I am faced with throwing away this treasure or letting it lead me to ruin.
I am afraid of this treasure not being in my life, and my life will be sadder without it, but I have to many responsibilities and hopes and dreams to let it continue. I love my treasure, I truly do, but it is time to say good bye.

No comments: