Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Watch Repair Anyone?


As you may or may not have known, to remove the transmission pulley and change it to a sprocket you have to remove what is called the super nut. This nut is 1 7/8 inches. Unless you routinely work on aircraft carriers or Abrams tanks you will never in your life, with the exception of a Harley have a need for a 1 7/8 inch socket.


Most of us have the standard 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch drives. This socket is a 3/4 inch drive. We are now in the BMF range of sockets. This socket was $28 just for the socket at Sears. So I went to harbor freight and got the set below on sale for $44. Not the same quality but when am I ever going to use it again? On the plus side the ratchet is so big that nut gave it up like a schoolgirl on prom night and I have a new self defense weapon to carry in the car. I threw the quarter in there for comparison.


The nut is now off and the pulley also so its back to waiting on parts for some forward movement! I was planning on it taking a little longer so I would have something to do all day. Oh well I guess I will walk the dogs around the lake.




Oh and did someone mention schoolgirl? Remember these important words of advice...

No comments: