Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Two ups for screw ups!

Well I finally got tired of waiting for the axle I ordered 20 days ago so I dropped the guy a email and he said he has no record of the order so he has no idea what happened to it. He is making me a new one and shipping it UPS. And the spacer kit I ordered is on back order which explains why the money never came out of my account. The notice email of the parts being on back order was for some reason routed to the junk folder and just discovered by me this evening.
So this week is pretty much a write off. When the rear brake set up gets here I will be able to bolt it to the wheel but I have no axle to hang it all on and no spacers to space it out with so I won't be able to order the correct offset tranny sprocket. So I am now a week behind. The upside is if the axle ever does make it I will just measure out the spacers I need and buy them separately. I had ordered a 23 piece kit of varying sizes in the interest of saving time and having what I needed on hand; and needing the others somewhere down the line but oh well.
So once again we have proven that the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the quiet patient one gets fucked. So once again here's my sign...

No comments: