Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update

Well I spent most of Monday before work trying to get that lower bearing race in but to no avail. I guess somehow the bearing cup got out of round. So I knocked them both out and will start again fresh. I ordered the new cups before work today. When they get here I am taking them to the auto parts store and have them press the races in with a arbor press and then I will use the threaded rod and washers to draw the cups into the neck so I know all will be straight.
Today I also ordered the front wheel, an 80 spoke beauty w/stainless steel spokes, to match the rear and I ordered the rotor and the rotor mounting hardware. I also found a buyer for my pistol so tomorrow I will order the caliper assembly the tube and rim strip and the tire, as well as the starter. The tire took a 25 dollar price jump in the new Jireh catalog. It went from $75 to $100.

No comments: