Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Unspoken Spoke Scam

While compiling a list for the next big purchase next week I was pricing wheels with Jireh Cycles. So far they have always been the cheapest and usually by a fair amount. However, I called to get a price on the 80 spoke 18x10.5 wheel and it is $330.00 but it is out of stock with no date for its return to stock. So I figured I could live with the 60 spoke wheel. The good news is that it is in stock. The bad news is it is $360.00.
Now someone explain to me how in the hell the same wheel from the same manufacturer that is the same size with 20 less spokes, which means less materials and labor, can be $30.00 more money? The only thing I can figure is that it is in stock so might as well jack up the price.

The good new is I found the same wheel with AmericanClassicMotors.net on Ebay for a by it now price of $319.00 with free shipping so it looks like they will get my business for the rear wheel.

No comments: