Current Project Condition

Current Project Condition

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Off again!

WooHoo! Off again tomorrow! Time for another shake down run. I have to admit to being a little scared. Everytime I shake it down more stuff falls out of the tree. I haven't seen the headlight in the last 3 ride but the short indicator on the wiring harness is no longer lit. So I guess that solves that problem, time to run a new set of wires to the headlight and my own hi low switch.
However, the last 2 ride have left me stuck a couple blocks from the house. It starts to sputter and then stalls like it is out of gas but its not. Either the plugs are fouling out which is a possibility from all the wd-40 I sprayed into the cylinders while the engine sat or I may have a carb problem. Last week I had gas dripping from the bottom of the carb so I thought the float had sunk and gas was continually flowing into the bowl. But, that would not cause is to act like it is out of gas that would cause it to flood and when it stalls I am hard on the throttle so to much gas couldnt be it. So maybe I have it backward and my float is stuck up and isnt letting in enough fuel. Or there could be problem in my fuel line.
I noticed when I ran the fuel line the inlet on the carb faced up at the 2 o'clock position. So I ran the fuel line down from the tank then up ovet the carb mount then down to the fuel inlet so that could be it too. I am hoping for the easiest most obvious problem of fouled plugs. I need to get this reliable so I can get to the inspection and get my tag.
But anyway I am off tomorrow so......



"We don't do fear. Over the last 105 years in the saddle, we've seen wars, conflicts, depression, recession, resistance and revolutions. We've watched a thousand hand-wringing pundits disappear in our rear-view mirror. But every time, this country has come out stronger than before. Because chrome and asphalt put distance between you and whatever the world can throw at you. Freedom and wind outlast hard times. And the rumble of an engine drowns out all the spin on the evening news. If 105 years have proved one thing, it's that fear sucks and it doesn't last long. So screw it, let's ride."

And I know its just an ad campaign but Harley sure knows how to hit the demographic. I read this and I want to run outside jump on the scoot and take off at 100mph with my hair on fire. I'm weak, so sue me.

No comments: